Saturday, June 11, 2011

Of Plans

The cards are finally ready last tuesday but because of time constraint I can't deliver them all so instead I created a private Facebook event for my solemnization ceremony. At first I wanted to attached the picture of the card here but as this is not a private blog, it'll be a bit reckless of me to be posting my address for the world to see. So to those who are invited, please RSVP as I need to determine how many are coming.

So far, everything is going as plan. I'm just a bit nervous about what's coming by 24th. It'll be the busiest day for everybody. I insisted for my sister a.k.a my maid of honor to take a few days off prior to the wedding. The day itself, we have to go buy fresh flowers, design the hantaran, decorate the house, the caterer and people responsible for the dais will be comin, i'm doing the henna that night, we have to go pick up the cakes and other treats etc etc. Phew, even thinking about it is exhausting. I'm still looking for suitable wedding shoes. Been scouring KLCC, Pavilion and BSC to no avail. My baby sister still doesn't have anything to wear for that day because she's so fussy. Ey, sapa yang nak kahwin sekarang nie?? Well, doesn't matter. She can always wear whatever in the closet if she puts off finding her attire till the last minute. Now my maid of honor still have not find any tailor to sew her dress for the reception day. I know it's after Raya but she's the second-most-important-person on that wedding and if her attire is not ready by then, I WILL KILL HER. ;)

My solemnization dress should be ready by next week. * Fingers cross * and then we'll discuss my reception dress. Got some few changes in my mind. Have met with the photographer and we hit it off alright. It's important to feel comfortable with your photographer so it's easier for you to pose for him. As of now, i'm finding some of my favourite images and will be emailing him so he knows what type of pictures i'm looking for. It has to be a combination of candid, pose, black and white and vintage feels on them. I'm not hiring any videographer as I think none can replicate the one that i really wanted but too freaking expensive to even mention here so taknaklah tangkap muat je choosing videographer so i let that idea go. Pictures will suffice and i'll treasure those forever.

Fiance has booked the flight tickets to our getaway destination a few days after the wedding. It took me few days to find a suitable accomodation and countless reading on Tripadvisor reviews on hotels and finally I found one where there are 96 positive reviews out of 98 reviews and everybody wrote highly of that place. I got excited looking at the pictures and the facilities they provided. So finger crossed yet again whether we'll be getting a room there. At first, i didn't bother to even mention about honeymoon getaway to him. I thought we could just postpone it to a later date maybe after our reception as MATTA Fair is in August and we would like to check it out first but somebody was telling me how important honeymoon is and how you would like to get the wedding started off in the right way and well i got curious and one discussion lead to another and voila we're going somewhere. I'm praying everything turns out as plan.

;) Two more Saturdays. Are you as excited as I am?

1 comment: