Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fathers

Today my parents and I went to buy eggs for wedding favors. Hundreads of eggs in fact. While on the way my dad suddenly asked:

"You betul dah ready to get married?".

Me thinking he meant the wedding preparation replied," What else is there to be prepared for?". 

He then continue " Are you sure you want to get married to him?".

I was speechless then I laughed. "Of course," I replied.

Later when we were alone with Ryan as I was sending him to the LRT station for his boys day out with Ryan (yes, my dad often bring Ryan for his favourite outing "take-the-train-to-nowhere" means they would ride until Kelana Jaya then came back home, a simple train ride for Ryan who is obsessed with Thomas & friends).

" After this, you are no longer my property, you are his property," he said quietly.

Somehow, hearing that brought a lump to my throat and I am feeling rather sad. It dawned on me that this is hard on my dad too. Letting go one of his girls. He must have mixed feelings seeing i'm so young and becoming somebody's wife. I think deep inside he's not ready to let me go. ='(

To papa,
I'm marrying a good man. Somebody who will take care of me as good as you take care of me all these years. Somebody who loves me as much as I love him all these 8 years. You have nothing to be worried about and even if you do, i'm just a field away. I still be seeing you everyday or every weekend. I will still see you from my house when you have your ritual morning walk. I know you can't help being concerned about your girls, but rest assured you have taught us well in finding our dunia & akhirat partner and we love you for that.

I love you papa. I always do. You are my hero and will always be forever and ever.

Hugs and kisses,
Your daughter.

2 comments: