Monday, March 12, 2012

Mi Amor's Birthday

Hello March, you make me broke!!

Anyway, March has been stupendous so far. My hubby's birthday was on the 3rd of March. Dah tua dah orang tua tu!! ;) Oh and his graduation fell on the same day. Bangga je tengok dia naik DTC UM the same place i've been 2 years ago. Can't believe it has been almost 2 years since I left UM. Don't you think time goes by so freaking fast? Two years. WOW! Saya pun rasa dah tua. -_-"

Anyway, me being me didn't plan anything for his birthday. Not only my mother in law and Nyna were not around, they were holidaying in Perth so I thought just usual dinner and birthday cake so i ordered Pavlova cake from Auntie Nani ( you know, thattt Hanis Zalika's mom) just because all Nally will eat is fruit cakes. He usually buys that sponge fruit cakes which is a lot around the mall and i don't really fancy eating that and he doesn't really eat chocolate cakes/cupcakes/macaroons or anything super sweet so i bought him Pavlova.

Thank God i had the foresight of taking half day leave on Friday the 2nd. Didn't tell hubby as i thought i can run around to pick up the cake and buy flowers at Petaling Street but Oh No no no, when i talked to hubby, he was hinting he wanted to have a gathering with his beloved cousins on his birthday. Some sort of "surprised party" kononnya. So fineeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i had to change my plan on that freaking Friday itself. No birthday dinner and movie. Instead I plan a BBQ sessions.

Amy was a great great big help to me. All I did was called her, told her to do the invitation, ask her to help with the decoration and all I did was buy everything else. The food for BBQ, i asked his cousins to help. Hye sakit pinggang tau pregnant lady nie berjalan merata siap sesat-sesat kat Petaling Street at 4pm and you know how jam-packed it was. Poor me. I was so exhausted running around the whole day. Not only that, Aunty Nani told me to pick up the cake at night. Arrggghhhh nak redah jam pergi Shah Alam on Friday night alone? So I did the unthinkable. I asked hubby to teman me. LOL. Ruined the surprised man. He was so annoyed we had to go through NKVE on Friday night and keep on asking me why the hell did i ordered a cake so far away. Why can't i just buy from Secret Recepi. LOL. * In the future should order from Alexis, sudeyyyy*

Well to make this story short, we arrived home almost 11pm. During that time, Amy has decorate the house and BBQ has been set up at the porch. Hubby of course knows about the BBQ session since his cousin was a little bit clueless that it was supposed to be hush hush and instead she tweeted and make a FB post about the party and tagged my dear husband. LOL!! FAILEDDDDD!!!

We in turn was quite surprised how beautiful the decoration Amy had set up at the dining hall. So pweeetttyyyy with candles and flowers. Love you Amy. ;P So when the clock strike 12, i presented the cake and everybody sang for my dear hubby yang dah tua.

Pictures galore can be seen below; Oh and the cake was gone in a day. Everybody love it so much since no-one ever taste it before. ;)

 Before heading out to pick up the cake
Parts of the deco

Ice-cream station
 Flowers & Candles



Rock Star Theme/Background

The siblings
The most delicious cake * as said by the maid*

Birthday boy

The boys

On Saturday itself, we went to UM for his convo and later to midv to watch This Means War. It was the most entertaining movie ever. Two hot guys with an equally hot woman, actions and love and jokes. What a great combination. But boy oh boy at the end of the day, both of us fell flat on the bed and in deep slumber until tomorrow morning. It was such an exhausting weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment