Friday, March 30, 2012

Baby's Update

Hello,

Another super short update on baby's progress.

I am nearing my 34th week now.
Mummy's weight: 52.5kgs
Baby's weight: 2.1 kgs

Some updates from the internet;

You are 33 weeks pregnant. (fetal age 31 weeks)
  • The baby inside you is now about 4.4 pounds (2 kg) and around 17.5 inches (44cm) in length.
  • The diameter of the head is about 8.5cm.
  • The baby fuzz, lanugo, is disappearing.
  • Your baby drinks about a pint of amniotic fluid a day.
  • You may gain a pound a week (500g) for the rest of your pregnancy.
  • Half of your weight gain will go directly to your baby.
33 weeksThe baby is using it's lungs to practice breathing by inhaling amniotic fluid. Your baby is drinking about a pint of amniotic fluid a day now and urinating the same amount. The early baby fuzz, lanugo, is disappearing now and being replaced by actual hair. The nails of your baby are now long enough to reach to the tip of the fingers or beyond and may need trimming as soon as they are born. They may scratch their face even before birth.

You may gain a pound a week for the rest of your pregnancy. Do not stop eating or start skipping meals as your weight increases. Both you and your baby need the calories and nutrition you receive from a
healthy diet.

Calcium intake is extremely important during pregnancy because the baby will draw calcium from the mother to make and harden bone. This can greatly weaken her own bones and teeth because the developing fetus will take minerals from the mother's skeletal structure as and when needed.

Baby has been very very very active lately and i'm feeling a slight pressure "under there". Nervous knowing how near the ending is. Doctor has given me the admission form for me to bring in case of labor and told me all the signs of labor. Eeeekkksss!!! Eventhough my due date was 11th May, her arrival is expected earlier than that. Late April or first week of May. I am definitely not ready. My hospital bag is empty. I don't even have or prepare any hospital bag.

Can you believe how hard it is to find a nursing bra my size???? I had to order online which is good because it is so much cheaper. Owh and i got myself a nursing wrap. I don't want to be a flasher if i were to feed my baby in public. LOL!!

It's been few weeks since hubby and I keep on disagreeing on baby's first name. Yesterday i decided to just give in because I chose the last name, the name i had since i was 13 ;P . Itupun first name tu i choose too but i change my mind but hubby loves it, so be it.

Some recent photos;




1 comment:

  1. Aneesa, you don't look preggy AT ALL!! Super glowing, btw :)

    ReplyDelete