Thursday, August 18, 2011

Playing dress UP

When it comes to wedding dresses, i opt for simplicity and comfort. Not too much bling bling or tight corset or bright colours. That is why i'm so in love with Grace Kelly's, Ivanka Trump's and Kate Middleton's wedding dresses. In fact when i sent in my materials to my dressmakers, the design would be somewhat similar to the above three mention. There'll be no traditional attire for me. Both receptions will see me in lace and chiffon dresses. I'll post some inspiration pictures soon.

I just picked up my dress for the groom's reception from Faizul. It was love at first sight. Once he has done the alteration needed from the first fitting and added the beads, i love it even more. It has a flowy skirts and 3-quarter lace for the top bodice. It is a simple dress and I believe less is sometimes MORE. You can't even see the beads from afar but it's ok, i'm not too bothered with that.

As i'm not renting any of my wedding dresses, i'll make sure that the dresses compliment me in every way. I might not wear them again but who doesn't treasure their wedding dresses?? I'm itching to wear them. Can't wait for both of the receptions to end. I feel like i put my life on hold for these receptions. Too many small details to do in between. It's hard when you have the reception dates and the solemnization dates so far apart even if there are just 3 months. When you want to get married, the first thing you have to do is set the date and make sure the venue that you wanted is available. This is what happened to me. I have to wait 3 months for an availability at the venue that I wanted. Since we have already paid the deposit, we decided to just wait.

Finally i have found the make up artist for groom's side and will immediately pay the deposit tomorrow. I've waited long enough. Am still contemplating whether i should wear another set of henna on groom's side. To those who has received the invitations, thank you for attending. Hope to see your happy faces soon.

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment