Saturday, August 20, 2011

Elegant in its simplicity





My dais was from Kerja Kahwin Design. I found them through one of their customer's blog and that led me to their facebook profile. My orchaids handbouquet was also from them. Most people would probably go for the famous ones but my vendors are mostly the one i found through world wide web and recommendations from other brides. The glory of internet and blogging, no?

Kak Wani used solely fresh flowers. I chose this design from one of her previous work. I told her that i wanted all white for the background and chair and burst of colours for the flowers. She didn't disappoint me at all. When she came to my house with her husband, they brought along their sweet daughter and boy oh boy, she's such a sweetheart and friendly and she's only 3-4 years old i think. She talked a lot and was wide awake even at 12am. They finished putting up my dais by 1 something. My dais was quite simple. We focus more on the flowers instead. Didn't I say Simplicity sometimes is the best?

What can I say about my dais or my "bunga telur" other than my close relatives love them so much. I try not to use the old fashioned design of bunga telur. Instead i bought the ones who looks modern and English. Bought 50 in green and white combination and another 50 in black and white. And they are cheap. Around RM2.30-2.50 per stick i guess.




Days after the wedding, my aunties keep on calling asking about my vendor's number and where did i buy my bunga telur. Apparently my cousin is getting married and they want the same design. LOL. Well unfortunately my vendor was not free on her date while the shop that i bought the bunga telur is not selling anymore of the same design. My mom even distributes half of the fresh flowers from the dais to all my aunties. I, of course was quite flattered that they like my ideas.

My solemnization ceremony was a small affair. Gathering of close relatives and love ones. My advices are, not to fret small stuff and Don't fight with your mom. Your wedding is not all about you. It's about family. I don't even have to worry about all the small details because I know my mom will take care of them. I don't understand why brides need to argue with their mothers when they have clash of opinions. The key is to compromise and meet each other in the middle. You might think the day is your dream day, the one you've been waiting for. Remember, your mom might feel the same way. She couldn't wait to plan your wedding. I think they are more excited of the upcoming reception than me. It's the time to meet their relatives and friends. ;)

So be happy. Don't worry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment