Friday, August 5, 2011

On Dresses

I'm so excited. I've been to two fittings each at Mimpikita and Faizul's. What's left on both dresses are the beadings on the bodice and veil. While Mimpikita will take a while to finish it, tentatively my dress will be ready a week before my reception, Faizul told me that he can finish my dress by next week. So double YAYYY since he has already completed my sister's bridesmaid's dress and it's beautiful.

Since i'm wearing white, apart from the materials that i've given Faizul for my dress, he added another layer underneath the dress to make it less transparents. Since i didn't expect the materials to be sheer, i'm quite thankful for that since i'm having that problem with Mimpikita's dress. That shows experience does have its advantages. Not only that Faizul is remarkably cheaper, he does amazing job as well. My dress looks exactly like what he sketches, while Mimpikita end product will vary a bit from the original sketches. Nevertheless, i'm looking forward to see both dresses.

One thing that i learned from all this;
Do Not Judge A Book By It's Cover.

Faizul's shop might be located at a very dodgy place but as long as he's there, i'll be coming to that dodgy place pretty often. He is definitely somebody that I'll be using again. Cheap & Talented. Heavenly combination.

Faizul- 0163368110

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear :)

    Geez. All my wedding dresses are from MimpiKita too! What a coincidence eh? Before I actually decided to get them to tailor me the dresses, I googled hard to find if there's any review on them. Sadly, at that time there was none. What you said about them not following the sketches happened to me too but nonetheless, I feel like the issue is too petty to have a spat on. I haven't seen the final product yet so am hoping they'll turn out beautiful, as you had yours during your akad :)). You looked splendid that day, by the way :). For now, I'm having faith, Insya-Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Cant wait to see your updates on your wedding. Anticipating it and of course wanna see the Mimpikita's dresses on you ;)

    ReplyDelete