Thursday, April 21, 2011

Random me on random things

No inspiration hence no update.

If i were to talk about wedding all day long, it would fill up the pages pretty quickly but since a lot of things are still pending, it's like i'm repeating myself over and over. Good news is our form application has been approved by JAWI so all we have to do now is give them to the imam of the mosque that we wanted to get married at. I'm so relieved that the most important thing is done. I somehow couldn't wait for this thing to be over with so i can share with you the wedding dress sketches, who are the tailors, who are the photohgraphers and whatnot. This Sunday, i'll be meeting up with this lady who will be doing my mini pelamin at home. Have not book her yet but i love her work so hopefully everything will turn out ok.

Met with another tailor on Tuesday on my attire for groom's reception. When he was telling me where his shop at and me seeing the place for the first time, i was quiet apprehensive as the place was kind of dodgy and the building he was at has lack of tenants but because my boss and his wife recommended him and he is a tailor for one of the designer in Malaysia, i went with it and pray for the best. He is cheaper than my current tailor though but he can only do my attire in August as the reception will be in October.On another note, since i've already booked my MUA(make up artist) for solemnization, i tried to find a different MUA for reception as my MUA right now is quiet pricey and recently i've heard she has mark up her price to RM1k per event so to hire her for reception is out of question. I couldn't justify hiring such a pricey MUA so for both receptions i have to look at other options.

On my guests list dilemma, i'm feeling somewhat guilty as i can't invite everybody to them. If i had my ways(paying for this instead of parents), i'll invite everybody but since my solemnization ceremony, we expected up to 250 attending and 90 percent of them are family and in-laws, i'm left with somewhat 20+ people to invite. My reception, i'm given 5 tables for 50 people and how do i choose who to attend? So I have to apologize to those who are not invited. It's nothing personal. As for now, i still have not finalise the list.

For the past weeks i've been nervous and agitated at the prospect of getting married. It dawn on me that i'll be having responsibilities that i'm not quiet ready yet. Oh don't get me wrong, I WANT to be a wife but wifely duties is another thing altogether- cooking, taking care of your hubby, his welfare, getting up early every morning since i'll be living with my in-laws for the time being ( a joy as their house is in front of my house so seeing my family is a walk in the park LITERALLY and it's 2 minutes away), and fasting month and Raya is fast approaching so i have to think about syncronising our colours and so much more. Heck, i'm the laziest person in the household currently so to change my routine is daunting. I've been depending on mama for so long and i don't feel quite grow up to deal with this.

I'll be taking my leave starting May to focus on wedding preps and also to start doing something on my own. I'm constantly thinking of making more money and I know I can't make that much with my current situation. N and I have been talking extensively about our future and eventhough he loves the idea of me quitting and staying at home, I on the other hand couldn't imagine not doing anything. So we'll see. I have something up my sleeves by May. Everything is up to me whether i wanna do it. I have the privilege to have a permanent job as an engineer if I want to and still doing something on the side. Sometimes i think i should just grow up and stop being in a cocoon of safety. Parents have always provide me with everything i ever needed and N has always spoils me and hopefully will continue to do so ;p but you can't always depend on somebody else for your happiness and I know if i excel in what i'm about to do, i'll be earning 5 figures top in a 1-2 years perhaps. Aim high right ;) I'm just so thankful i don't have to think about all the nitty gritty things as N has already lined up his plans for us. Insurances, kids educations, money for rainy days, etc. He is the main provider afterall ;)

Love is definitely in the air lately. It is so much stronger with 10 weeks left. O-M-G 10 weeks left. Ok i'm gonna sit in the corner and freaking out about this.

Ps: A shout out to a dear friend, Hanip for putting my picture in his picture collage on his bedroom wall. I feel appreciated ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment