Thursday, December 2, 2010

Engaged

::Engaged::

We were engaged on the 9th October 2010. Should have pick the beautiful date 101010 but it was on Sunday and not an ideal day for everybody. Forgive my weak memories as i don't remember exactly all the details of the engagement (when i should, right?) but i think we did all the arrangement in less than a month- 3 weeks or so, so the make-up, the attire, the decoration was very very last minute preparation. And it shouldn't have been an engangement but supposed to be a merisik ceremony but alas we can just plan, and the end result was pretty fabulous i must say as i suddenly find myself a fiance ;)

I think a big part of it being turn into an engagement is because my mom and her 'preparation' for supposedly simple merisik ceremony. She wants to give gifts (hantaran) and she's preparing the door gifts and ordering food up to a point i was a bit flabbergasted. I thought merisik supposed to be where we are going to have a big lunch/dinner and get to know more of both side families without door gifts and hantaran. She even sought help from aunties for potpouri preparations/decorations and finding the place setting to put the hantaran. She was the backbone and the force that keeps things going so i just went along with all her plans. All i have to do was find a macarons for one of the gifts.

Again, because we thought it was a merisik ceremony, there's no dais or anything extravaganza. It was actually pretty small and intimate with 20 families on both side. Up to this point, i couldn't care less whether it's small or big, all i care is i'm stepping into the next threshold and there's a man who love me enough and more to ask my hand in marriage, i had butterflies and when my future-mother-in-law slipped on the ring, i actually had this moment where i imagined it was HIM who's doing it. It was pretty emotional for me.

Eventhough he proposed to me 3 years ago where he was down on one knee (yes, i got the one-knee-moment) and i do consider myself his fiancee for 3 years now, but this experience is priceless and it cemented the promise that we are heading down the road SOON. It somehow strenghten the bond even more.

Here's what i wrote in facebook;
" I didn't talk about it yet questions are being asked and pictures are demanded.Sometimes it still feels like a dream and yet there's a constant reminder of a ring.Not just any ring but an engagement ring.It was a small ceremony and I wouldn't trade it for anything.My heartfelt gratitude to my mom who starts the ball rolling, to my dad who is so cool, my sisters who helps a lot, my baby sister who felt left out but you are here in spirit, my lovely aunties, and of course my soon-to-be-new family who accept me and love me and tease me mercilessly and done everything right to make me feel at home with them and my fiance whom i've been for the past 7 years, You are simply the best."
Love,
Aneesa
I couldn't wait to get married. Doakan kami berkekalan. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment