Tuesday, March 12, 2013

An Epiphany


An epiphany is an experience of sudden and striking realization. That is what I am having for the past months. I CANNOT & WILL NOT live like this anymore. Slaving for money, making ends meet, mediocre saving, stress and truthfully not finding joy in what I do JUST BECAUSE I feel like I want more and deserve more and should have more. Don’t get me wrong. This is nothing got to do with “sifat tamak haloba” or “tak mensyukuri apa yang ada” but more on the endless journey of self-actualization.

A basic definition defines self-actualization simply as "the full realization of one's potential", and of one's 'true self'. My boss told me this principal- DUIT: Doa Usaha Istiqamah Tawakal. He’s trying to make us all an entrepreneur. I might not appreciate it before the true sentiments but now that I realize nobody is holding me down BUT MYSELF, I can’t simply give excuses of ‘No, I can’t’, ‘No, It’s hard’, No, it’s impossible’.

The reason why I’m finding back-up and extra income is first & foremost; I DO NOT WANT TO BE MISERABLE for the rest of my life. Yes, that’s true. Money is not everything BUT everything needs money. Now that I’m a mother, my daughter’s wellbeing is the primary concern. I worry about everything when it comes to her. I want her to have more of whatever I never get when I was a child. I want her to be more than what I am and was.

My parents, bless them, I thank Allah-Almighty every day that they are my parents.  I see how hardworking my dad is, taking a double degree to fulfill his dream, taking care of all his 4 girls even when we are married and has children ourselves. Paying for my PTPTN loan so that I only have to pay to him instead of having a debt in my name, letting me drive his car because like he said “he has too many and nobody to drive them”. He’s the epitome of the greatest responsible father I know.  My mother, the sweetest kindest lady I’m proud to call as my mom. Selflessly taking care of my kid even when I know she’s tired BUT she never says NO, never says she CAN’T & if she has plans, she is willing to cancel them. Because I’m a parent, I do understand the depth of their sacrifice and responsibility they feel towards me. And because of that, I want to pay them back for everything and even more.

My colleague, Kak Nurul recently introduces me to Premium Beautiful Corset. Oh well, I knew about it years ago since I was in UM when I first start reading about Hanis Haizi. You see, back then I was impressed with her achievement but I was lazy to know more about this. Two years back I read about Aliah Nasreen. She has just started the PB business as a part timer. Again, I didn’t pursue this because I wasn’t confident in being in sales. I recently search her back. She’s now earning RM30k per month on PB business on top of her salary at Petronas where she works.

It stopped me in the track. I can’t sleep. I keep on thinking, “if I were to join her 2 years back, I might have been as successful as she is”. You see, regret is a bitter pill to taste. I didn’t swallow it well. So I took the first step. I decided to join as well.

So yes, I’m in the process of joining. I had “skeptical” and “negative” comments thrown at me. But you learn from the best. If they can do it why can’t I. They are human being and so am I. I am as good as they are. You see others made it and you are jealous of their achievement. “SAMPAI BILA?”. I’m 26 years old. Time doesn’t wait for ANYONE.

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING, GO GET IT. PERIOD!!!!

Do yourself a favor. Go google about Premium Beautiful Corset, all its glory, & the business itself.

I’m taking the first step. Are you joining me?

Love,
Aneesa

017-3235087

No comments:

Post a Comment