Saturday, December 31, 2011

An end to an eventful year

Just a quick and short update on the last day of 2011. It just dawned on me it is the last day of the year and everybody is celebrating new year's eve tonight and I don't even have any plan for tonight. Anyway time flies so fast in a blink of an eye we are entering a new year. 2011 has been an eventful year for me. More good than bad Alhamdulliah.

2011 to me ;
  • A working lady
  •  Wedding preparations
  • A great hens party
  • I got married to the love of my life
  • Went for our first vacation together ever in 7 years. Honeymoon in bali ( pictures still not posted)
  • Learned that I got myself knocked up 2 months later ( before that secretly bought and test so many pregnancy tests with negative results)
  • Took unpaid leave. Had the most unpleasant 2 months of morning-till-night 24/7 sickness. Never have I vomit so much in my life.
  • The most thinnest i've ever been. Nobody would have guess I'm pregnant ( a fact that i'm a bit sad when taking LRT. Nobody offer me a seat ;p and also the fact that guys still lingers with their wandering eyes looking at me when they are supposed to notice that i'm a mom-to-be. Tak suka rasa macam anak dara kene ngorat lagi. Ok saya perasan ;p)
  • And now started working again after a long break.

What am looking forward to in 2012 and what am expecting:
  • To finally see my little munchkin. Hopefully the Dr will be able to confirm the sex next month. I wanna buy baby stuff soon please.
  • To be able to finally decide what's the next course in my life. Continue study?
  • To be more frugal in spending. This is definitely a must as I foresee a lot of financial commitment in the next few months. You girls yang tak kahwin and living with parents and takda commitment with your money....... I'M SO JEALOUS!!!! ;P
  • To work hard as I realised money doesn't grow on trees and you have to actually prove yourself proffesionally to achieve the highest reward..... hence the decision about continue studying.
  • To learn how to cook like a proffesional. If we are going to be independent without a maid ( Oh kak asiah, i'm gonna miss you ), I need to be able to feed my husband on regular basis with consistent result.
  • To be a good multi-tasker and a pro at time management ( Oh kenapa sgt susah )
  • To be a better daughter to my parents.
  • A better wife
Let just say 2012 will see an adult version of me. Yes, you have to finally grow up Aneesa and be more independent. Baby- steps.

Today is also my sister-in-law's engagement. The theme is black, white and red. Amy did everything herself from the mini dais to the candy buffet and it was marvelous and beautiful. The food was so delicious. Nyum Nyum..

A little sneak-peak before I go;

 Hubby and I with Amy

 The pretty fiancee

 Cupcakes

Flowers at mini dais

3 comments:

  1. hey..i updated my blog yg telah usang itu..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love loveee your 2012 resolutions, and seriously you look so thin . Eat some good carbs and protein :)

    ReplyDelete